Tax Matters - Family Day Care : General Overview
Here is a general overview of the tax matters that impact the business of a family day care educator.
- Lesson 1 : An Introduction to TopFormz and the Team
- Lesson 2 : Course Outline
- Lesson 3 : Available and commonly used business structures
- Lesson 4 : Cash vs. accrual basis?
- Lesson 5 : Why knowing your taxable income position is important?
- Lesson 6 : When to register for GST?
- Lesson 7 : Recording Family Day Care Income
- Lesson 8 : Which expenses can be claimed as deductions?
- Lesson 9 : How to maintain ATO Documentations Requirements
- Lesson 10: 5 Steps to Get on Top Of Your Taxes
Lesson 1 : An Introduction to TopFormz and the Team
TopFormz is a family day care software solution that enables educators to manage all aspects of their family day care business on-the-go. It covers all elements of your family day care business including programming, observations, recordkeeping and reporting plus more.
Today we will be covering both tax matters that affect starting or running a family day care business as well as how to record your income and expenses on TopFormz. But before we do that here is an introduction from Kim Mclachlan, the creator of TopFormz.
NOTE: A completion certificate will be issued at the end of the course and will be based on the time spent completing this module.